Tuesday, November 20, 2007

WOW

Okay so I had a hole in my work schedule and there was a 4 hour block of dead time between Apts. I was in a mall doing some window shopping and saw that the movie Beowulf was playing in 3-D. Now I didn't think that I was ever going to see Beowulf in the theater but here was the perfect time to see it and in 3-D even. Why not?

This was my first time viewing a real 3-D movie. I grew up with cheap 3-D blue and red glasses. But this new update was a big change. You even get to keep the glasses.

I grew up knowing the story of Beowulf, my father read the story to me as a little one. When I heard that a movie was going to be made in the Polar express fashion I wasn't over joyed. I didn't see Polar Express as I thought the characters looked dead. I took a chance with Beowulf.

The chance paid off as the opening titles started I said out loud “Well this works”. I was quickly caught up in the 3-D experience, there were so many parts that looked so real that I felt that I was going to be burned by flames or shot by an Arrow.

If you get a chance to see this in 3-D take it. I give the movie alone 2 ½ stars and with the 3-D 4 stars.

I have heard that old films are going to be remade in 3-D. Star Wars would be awesome.

No comments: